Babies, Blankets and Bears

Well, it has been a few weeks since my last post - a busy couple of weeks at that! Currently I am working on a wedding dress, a blouse and a couple of baby blankets, but more about those later.
Over the last month or so, I've finished a couple of (different!) baby blankets - one for a client and another for my niece who had her second daughter last week, so I am a Great Uncle again! Crikey, I am old! 🌝 Aurora Lucia was born on 2nd June weighing in at just over 3.17Kg (7lb) and here she is safely wrapped in her shawl!

It is knitted in a delicate "thread lace" pattern with the softest lambswool and a fine silky acrylic. A ribbed border and 'piecrust' edging, finished with contrast cover stitch piping add a colourful detail. Finally an embroidered hang-tag gives it the Frenchies finishing touch!
My second blanket of the month was for a client who was commissioning it as a gift for their friends baby boy, Gabriel Thomas Edward, so naturally it had to be blue! This one uses the "knit-weave" technique and made with chunky hand dyed lambswool, a plain dyed wool and a finer base yarn. Again, a contrast two colour border with "piecrust" edging and an embroidered swing-tag completes the Frenchies signature look!
Here my sewing  machine is busy stitching out the embroidery for the swing tag - I particularly like this cute teddy bear, an original Frenchies embroidery design!
So that's some of the finished work, now I must get back to the other projects - the patterns have been drafted and the toiles are being fitted and adjusted as necessary, I'll be back to show you how they are coming along in the next few weeks, but until then, here is a quick peek into my workroom! 
Take care till next time, and let me know what you think of the blankies. Bye for now!!
P.S. Don't forget to subscribe using the button at the top!
Made to order blankets and shawls are available at Frenchies contact me for more details.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man, I love de cake!!